Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Real First

This class seems to be going alright in my mind. Interesting, thats for sure. I do enjoy the hands on part and putting my hands on film. I like the fact that it is not like any other film class. It is very experimental so far and that is an area of film that I have not been trained at as much as some other areas of film. That makes it much more interesting because 80% of the things that we learn and talk about are new to me. The most interesting thing so far was in the class in the film by Norman Mclaren. It was very interesting and the best experimental film that I think I have ever seen. To just think of the labor that went into the timing and music for those films is just amazing.

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

It's nice to know that, even if a person makes only narrative films, they could still use some of the techniques we are exploring in class interspersed thoughout their films. Though these techniques, themselves, are experimental, the experimental genre has no monopoly on the techniques.